Monday, October 19, 2009

It's wierd how things work out pt. 2

On the 12th of May this year I wrote about how "Sometimes life is just too damn cool to be real." About how I'd suddenly been flown to London and how I happened to be there at the right time to see one of my absolute favourite bands live and how they put me on the guestlist and how they'd put together a little package of awesomeness for my girl who was all the way in South Africa.

If I hadn't been such a useless blogger, months ago I'd have written a second instalment in the weirdness of how things work out. I'd have written about how Anja and I took a train from London to Johnny Foreigner's home town of Birmingham. How we sat on drummer's bedroom floor while he pummelled our ears with a dozen bands we now adore. How we sat up talking about robots and rock and roll and keeping the guitarist up way to late the night after the weekend they'd already hardly shooting their newest video:

Johnny Foreigner - Criminals from Johnny Foreigner on Vimeo.


But (like the rest of our awesome adventures in the UK this July) I never got round to writing about any of this. Now I have to, because what I wanna blog about next is a WAY WAY WAY more unbelievable example of how things working out incredibly, weirdly, awesome sometimes...

No comments: