Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jo Fo USA 1! Day 1 - West Philly's Sprinkle Kingdom!

Hot damn! This tour has been nuts. Three days in, on our way to New Haven now. Philadelphia just blew my mind.

Sprinkle Kingdom has got to be one of the most magical places I've been in. To the kids living in this city it's apparently totally normal - to me it was mindblowing, Like wandering into a snapshot of the music of 15 years ago (see Cap N Jazz) and the DIY spirit of 30 years ago (see Minor Threat).

In a little basement in Philadelphia, The Sprinkle Kingdom is without a doubt one of the most special places I've ever played in.

There's so much I wanna say about our adventures playing this place, but right now I've got to pick between blogging and watching Los Campesinos.

Sorry Internet, Rockandroll wins.

For now, you'll have to be happy with this little video about our time in the Kingdom:

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Oh my god, so rockandroll... Sprinkle Kingdom looks amazing!