Friday, March 2, 2012

2011 in lists: SMACM releases!


Are you excited? You should be! Prepare your eyes and ears for a post that tries to catch up on my so over-due list making of things from last year, multiplied by the power of a Free Music Friday!

I'm still in the process of making a list of my favourite local recordings from this past year. While doing this I realised a large chunk of those recordings are actually things that we landed up releasing through SMACM, the label I launched last February. It seemed a little biased putting all those EPs in my SA Music list, so instead I'm giving them their own list. May I introduce to you

THE 2011 SMACM DISCOGRAPHY!
***
SMAC001
EYES LIKE MIRRORS
CRUSADES
Art by Franci Lawlor
Design by Ben Rausch

SMAC002
VAMPIRE 9000
COLOURS

SMAC003
JAYSYNTH
ST
Art by Jason Sutherland

SMAC004
MARTIANMARTIAN
ST
Download Martianmartian here!

That's it for now; I hope that by this time next year I'll have been able to share even more lovely sounds coming out of our little country!