Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good weekend! 2

This past weekend was the first time in a long time where there was just nothing happening. Personally, after the madness of the past few months I couldn't have been more excited about the prospect of not needing to go out.

On Friday evening we had a few friends over to my house. Whiskey+Wii=Woo!

Anja and I drove through to China Town on Saturday for tofu and veggie supplies. We grabbed some lunch at 'Dumpling King' and discovered our new favourite vegetable, water spinach. It turned out my regular veggie dealer actually had some so we managed to head home with a bagful. In the afternoon we dropped by Kitchener's Carvery. Arlyn had organised an afternoon session of folk music. Anja, Patrick, Col and I pulled through to see Givan Lotz. Seeing him playing to a completely attentive roomful of people, with the last few minutes of sunlighting pouring into the century old venue, this half an hour was one of the highlights of my weekend. Col, Pat and Julia came to hang out at my place afterwards, where many lols were shared over Wii sports resort and Basjan. Yesterday, as a public holliday, was a pretty awesome extension of my good weekend. Have I mentioned on here that Anja moved to Joburg 2 weeks back? Well she has, and it's been awesome. But for all the awesome that's been going down since she got here, yesterday was our first chance to 'mole'. To 'mole' is to burrow under blankets with a day's worth of rad food and TV shows. We hooked up biltong, Weeds season 5, chocolate iced coffees, King of Kong and green curry tofu. It was too cool. Special thanks to Billy Mitchel for being the douche of the weekend.

1 comment:

Anja said...

Jillian Wiebe: I never knew that the Guinness World Record Book was so... I never knew it was so important.

Steve Wiebe: I guess a lot of people are... yeah, a lot of people read that book.

Jillian Wiebe: yeah, Some people sort of ruin their lives to be in there.