Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Colin owns the sky

At the end of September I wrote a quick post about an art exhibition I would be involved in and it's after party of awesome proportions I was looking forward to.

Although I never wrote a proper follow up post on the night, "We own the sky" turned out to be one of my favorite shows of the year. Seeing Eyes like Mirrors for the first time, Joao Orecchia performing with a live drummer and cellist and Righard Kapp creating what was pretty much the most original set I've ever seen one man and an acoustic guitar create; there was a whole lot of awesomeness going down. Throw in one of the nicest crowds at a Joburg party all year plus the warm fuzzy feeling I got from seeing a bunch of my designs exhibited amoungst a collection of great rock and roll related art and you have the recipe for a really special night.

Most of these personal highlights don't appear in this collection of photos by Colin Sackett. Still, I think they do give you a pretty nice feel for what it was like been 19 stories up into the Joburg sky and enjoying awesome art and music with a bunch of friends.

No comments: