Friday, August 14, 2009

Heavy Days.

So in the past 3 weeks I:

* Exhibited at the Sense Summer Art Fair in London.
* Performed with No Skippy No School at the Urban Electric party in Johannesburg.
* Performed with Kidofdoom at the Oppikoppi festival in Northam.
* Exhibited and performed with Vampire 9000 at the City Slickers Exhibition

WHEW!

Last night marked the last time I'd sling my keytar over my shoulders in what's been a really, really productive, stressful, awesome 3 weeks of my life so far. Performing with my new loop-core band Vampire 9000 was the most perfect way to end this cross continental run of radness. But fortunately (for my ears, not for me catching up on sleep and X-Box time) it seems I'll still be rocking out for a bit.

There are a personal record amount of awesome shows to follow up last night's Vampire set:

* Tonight Desmond and the Tutus will be celebrating the launch of their new EP with a show in Johannesburg. * Tomorrow night I'll be rocking out to Isochronus, Kidofdoom and The Havoc Vultures in Pretoria. * On Sunday I'll be seeing Dutch ammazing master Luck Fonz III in Johannesburg

It's nice to be most excited for the last show in this string of fun nights. Lucky Fonz was INCREDIBLE at Oppikoppi. Without a doubt, the single most captivating individual I have EVER EVER EVER seen. No single solo performance I have seen comes anywhere close to what I was fortunate enough to experience last Sunday night, and I am so super happy I'll be able to see it all again this Sunday.

Fuck yeah.

No comments: